ECERF W4-079 1D
I am now a first-year Ph.D. student in Dept. of ECE, University of Alberta, supervised by Prof. Lei Ma. I received my M.Eng of Electrical and Computer Engineering with specialization in ML&AI from University of Waterloo in Dec 2020, B.Eng of Telecommunication Engineering from Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT) in Jun 2019. During undergraduate I got a chance to work with Prof. Ben M. Chen, and spent a happy 3 months at National University of Singapore.
CV (Last update at April 21)
My first name is 智杰 (Zhi Jie), pronounced /ʈʂɚ/ /tɕjɛ/, similar to (Chih-Chieh). Just call me Paul if you feel difficult on this pronunciation.
My current research interests is mainly on software engineering, in specific, I’m interested in the intersection of AI and SE.
Intelligent Software System.
Debugging, testing, and repairing in ML Softwares.
Human-computer interaction in ML Softwares
- Research Intern @ Megvii Research Beijing, 2018-2019
- ECE 203 Probability Theory and Statistics 1, University of Waterloo (Spring 2020).
- Lecture TA and Tutorial Instructor
- ECE 325 Object-Oriented Software Design, Universirt of Alberta (Fall 2021).
- Lecture TA and Lab TA
- ECE 380 Introduction to Communication Systems, Universirt of Alberta (Winter 2021).
- Lecture TA
In my free time, I enjoy cycling, cooking, baking, … I was also a soccer player (best record: 2nd place in the high school soccer league of Fuzhou City) for a long period before I got serious back injury. I’m also a crazy fan of FC Barcelona and many KPOP girls’ groups and solos (sounds strange but their music make my day :p).